Amanda Gonzalez

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Week 4 Post 2

  • Why are they effective?
  • What specific principles of good design do they include and why?
  • What makes you come back again?
  • What could be improved?

The two websites that I visit the most would be https://www.pinterest.com/ and http://thedrifter.me/.

Pinterest is effective because it builds a personal feedback of images or websites that they believe you would be interested in. After using their search bar, it brings you to other websites/ blogs/ images/ etc. and allows you to connect to more brands and sites. I love that the search options are endless from sports and photography to clothes and poetry. The feed applies to your interests and makes it personal. The only improvement I would suggest is to not have as many advertisements pop up. I understand that websites and blogs make an income from allowing advertisements on their apps and sites, but as a reader I would like to keep it to the minimum.  The design is organized and when you click on an article, it directs you to the main site. When you click an image, it brings you to many other images that are relatable. I have found many websites and brands through Pinterest and I think it is also a tool that brands can use to help their business.

The second website I visit a lot is a blog. I admire the work that this photographer does and her website is clean and organized. You can access her portfolio, her blogs, her contact information, and even purchase from her website. The style of the blog is very simple but it allows her photos to stand out, and she keeps it updated. She allows readers to connect with her through her images and small stories written with the images. On her website you can also find her links to her other forms of social media. I continue to come back to this website as a source of inspiration. She's a photographer for many brands in the surf industry, which is where I hope to one day be. Her website is a visual inspiration of photography and a nice blog, while also showing how talented she is. The only thing that I would fix with this website would be that sometimes the website turns into a weird layout unexpectedly as a glitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment